Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 13, 2010

Well... it's been a week:

Since my last post, so I think right about now is a good time to give my report! And let me tell you, it's a good one. Aside from homesickness, my trip is really starting to look up! My linguistic skill are starting to improve a bit, which is definitely a plus... I feel like the book they gave us wasn't lying to me after all. I'm making more friends in school, and getting more comfortable around acquaintances. And not to mention my frisbee practice every monday and tuesday. It's probably my favorite activity ever. I've always thought that physical activity is the one activity in which everyone can communicate regardless of language, and it holds true here. I don't speak very much with the team members, but we all seem to understand each other just by playing.

Another subject which I'm excited to talk about is my first rotary district meeting! So much fun to see all these people whom mostly I didn't know were anywhere close to me! I made friends with a lot of them, and finally got to let loose a little with slang and such. It was mad dank. (If you don't know that word, no surprise, use it in context to get definition... It's interesting to see how slang develops like a language in different parts of even just the US.) And I met some real chill 'Mur'kans!!! (Americans) It feels good to be a part of that whole exchange student subculture. We took a bus trip around the coast and talked about the upcoming rotary euro bus trips to spain and the rest of europe... Damn am I excited for those!!!

By the way: Thats me in the back right corner doing the Nixon peace sign thing. The Americans didn't have a flag, so that was our best alternative... Pretty sad I know... Also, click on the pic for a bigger version.

 On the same day I also went boogy boarding with my host family. THAT was fun as hell, I can't wait to try it again sometime.

Well that's about it for now. I want to hear from you guys!!! So please comment, and remind people to check back every now and then because I haven't forgotten about this blog yet!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you liked boogy boarding - I just wonder how they found a wetsuit that fit you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are way serious about Frisbee over there, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max! I love reading your blog here, I cracked up laughing out loud at the one with illustrations. It sounds like things are getting better, I can't wait to see your mad dank frisbee skillage when you get home :) Be sure to keep posting, we need regular updates if we want to continue to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete